Volunteering – the difference is you
Our residents are at the centre of everything we do. At Bupa we believe that maintaining our residents’ connections with their local communities is an important part of ensuring quality of life. Bupa’s volunteer program welcomes volunteers into our care homes, encouraging them to share their passions, interests and skills with our residents.
Why volunteer with Bupa Aged Care
As a Bupa volunteer, you have the opportunity to interact with our inspiring residents, allowing you to learn about their diverse experiences and life stories.
We understand that everyone is different, that one size doesn’t fit all. Therefore we encourage volunteers to share a wide variety of skills and passions with our residents, giving them the opportunity to participate in new experiences and activities.
This means that Bupa Volunteers have a choice; we don’t tell our volunteers what to do, we give you the opportunity to volunteer in a manner which allows you to make the most of your passions and hobbies. Your role as a Bupa Volunteer is limitless.
Benefits of Volunteering
Our volunteer program will no doubt provide you with very personal benefits; you may feel a sense of belonging, giving back to the community, helping others or a sense of being valued.
In addition to personal benefits, our structured program will provide you with the support to develop professionally. You will have the opportunity to learn through our internal education and training programs.
Make a difference in our residents lives
As a Bupa Volunteer you will be welcomed into our Bupa family, giving you the opportunity to be part of a vibrant and social community, make some new friends and experience the diverse personalities of our residents. Current volunteers on the program share a wide variety of passions with our residents including:
- Gardening – Share your knowledge and skills to enhance and assist in the upkeep of our Bupa Backyards
- Cooking – Run cooking demonstrations allowing residents to experience the smell and taste of new foods.
- Quilting – Produce quilts with the help of our residents for personal use or to be given as gifts.
- Knitting – With the help of our residents, volunteers are able to provide much-needed clothing or blankets for those less fortunate
- Sport – Share a passion for your favourite sports with our residents
- Music – perform or teach music to our residents, whether it be singing or instrumental.
- Animals – Support our residents in caring for our animals or assist with pets as therapy programs
- Arts and crafts – use your skills to assist our residents in creating a wide range of masterpieces