Be guided by professionals
The Aged Care Financial Guidance Panel allows you to access the details of accredited financial advisers in your area, who can guide you through the financial implications of moving into aged care. The advisers listed on the Panel are not affiliated with or endorsed by Bupa.
By accessing this panel, you can be confident that the advisers listed meet a competency criteria, including comprehensive training in financial advice specific to aged care. They can help you to make appropriate choices for your individual circumstances and can provide the reassurance and guidance you need.
Choosing a financial adviser
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has produced a booklet called Financial Advice and you - Where to start for consumers and investors, to help you make choices about your personal finances. It offers information on choosing a financial planner and payment.
Common questions to ask
Download our checklist of common questions regarding aged care to ask your financial adviser which you can print off and take with you to your appointment.
Criteria financial advisers must meet to be included on the panel
Before being accepted on the Panel, advisers must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- must hold a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), a Fellow Chartered Financial Practitioner (FChFP), a Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA), a Chartered Accountant (CA) or a Master of Financial Planning (MoFP) qualification,
- must be a member of one of the following professional bodies: Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA), Association of Financial Advisers (AFA), CPA Australia or Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAA) and demonstrate to BCSA’s reasonable satisfaction that it is committed to upholding the relevant association’s Code of Professional Conduct,
- advisers who are employed by, or are authorised to represent, a licensed advisory business which has agreed to participate upon invitation from Bupa Aged Care,
- accredited Aged Care Professional™ through Aged Care Steps (or equivalent),
- expertise in aged care advice,
- commitment to ongoing education, and
- an understanding of Bupa’s philosophy and purpose.
Bupa does not receive any financial benefit from financial advisers or any other sources through this initiative. The advisers listed on the Panel are not affiliated with or endorsed by Bupa.