At Bupa Aged Care, we take every opportunity to improve the services we provide in our homes. Your suggestions, ideas or feedback are important and we encourage you to share them with us.

If you have any issues or queries about the care and service provided to your relative or friend, please tell us.

Our staff are here to listen to you and are committed to ensuring your feedback is dealt with quickly. At Bupa Aged Care we are continually improving our care and your feedback is critical to that process.

Send us feedback

What to do if you have a complaint

Contact the General Manager of the care home as they are best placed to deal with your issue quickly and efficiently. The General Manager will investigate and provide ongoing feedback until the matter is resolved.

If the General Manager is unavailable, please talk to a member of staff who will be available to assist you.

If we are unable to resolve your concerns at the care home or you are unhappy with the outcome, please contact a member of Bupa Aged Care’s Clinical Service Improvement Team via our feedback form below.

Send complaint to the Clinical Service team

What to do if you need support in raising your complaint or understanding the process

Firstly contact the General Manager who will provide support such as language services. If you need further support in raising your complaint or with understanding the process, there are advocacy services available to assist you. The Older Persons Advocacy Network organisations support residents and their families and representatives to effectively access and interact with Commonwealth funded aged care services and have their rights protected. Older Persons Advocacy Network is funded by the Australian Government to deliver the National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP).

For serious "whistleblower" type complaints that you don’t feel comfortable sending to the General Manager

Bupa has a “whistleblower” service which residents and their loved ones can use when they have a serious concern relating to the care home or the service it provides (for example, allegations of mistreatment, neglect, fraud etc), which they don’t feel comfortable raising with the General Manager. This service is called “Speak Up” and can be accessed anonymously or by providing your details.

Please use the link below or call 1800 479 241 to access Speak Up. All Speak Up complaints are received by an independent company, Navex, before being referred to the appropriate person at Bupa for investigation and appropriate action. Please note that in order to address the complaint, it is likely we will need to involve the General Manager of the home in some way, but if you have lodged your complaint anonymously, the General Manager will not have access to your details.

If you would like your complaint to go to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission

If you would prefer to lodge your complaint externally, you can address it to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC), which is an independent Government run service. To do so, please call 1800 951 822 or click here:

We will handle your information in accordance with our Privacy Policy.